Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across 31 countries and, altogether, we speak 17 languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As an Infrastructure Engineering Manager, you will lead a remote team of up to 10 Systems and DevOps Engineers across many time zones. You will be responsible for their growth and performance, as well as on-time delivery of projects. You will work closely with engineering, product, and customer support to continuously experiment and iterate on new process aiming to optimize efficiency, quality, and communication. As an Infrastructure Engineering Manager, your goal is to lead a healthy and engaged team to deliver product infrastructure scalability, availability, performance, and security.
Location: United States (East Coast)
What You Will Do
- Manage a high-quality infrastructure engineering team, supporting their technical and professional growth.
- Encourage a healthy and engaging team culture demonstrating Cloudbeds’ values through mentorship, performance management including 1:1’s, and measurable objectives.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams on project prioritization, planning, assignment, and delivery.
- Ensure sharp and timely execution of product roadmap and escalations.
- Develop and iterate processes to optimize team efficiency, quality, and communication.
- Contribute to technical discussions, decisions, and strategy.
You’ll Succeed With
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years experience as a Systems, Cloud, or DevOps Engineer.
- 3+ years experience as a remote Engineering Manager.
- 3+ years experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and leads across functional groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating patience, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and deliver on project timelines.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and technical writing skills.
- Ability to take initiative and make an impact on the larger organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time.
Nice to Haves
- Experience programming with scripting languages.
- Experience supporting web applications.
- Experience with serverless and microservice application architectures.
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket).
- Experience implementing hiring, onboarding, or training programs.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an unlimited PTO policy, personal and professional development for individual growth, and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes